Eyeing Dumaguete City as the first destination in the Philippines that you’ll visit after borders have reopened for traveling again? RedDoorz can take you to the “City of Gentle People” to experience more travel moments again.
Below is a post-quarantine itinerary that contains some places to visit in Dumaguete, which will surely make you want to exhaust the possibilities of 2020!
- Scuba Diving on Apo Island
- Apo Island is one of the major tourist attractions in the city because it serves as a diving site for those who are into scuba diving. In fact, the whole island is surrounded by several marine sanctuaries that offer a breathtaking underwater view of coral reefs, schools of fish, and sea turtles. Have a close encounter with these turtles and have your photos taken for a new travel moment!
- Pulangbato Falls
- Approximately 20 minutes ride from the city proper until you reach this magnificent falls which is basically the twin of Malabo Falls according to locals. The running water hits the surface of sulfur like rocks which makes it appear to be red, hence its namesake. This hot spot can surely partake in your itinerary if you want to veer away from the usual Dumaguete beaches.
- Belfry Tower
- Tagged as “The Guardian of the City”, the Belfry tower tells a lot of Dumaguete’s history as it remains one of the oldest structures in the city. In the 1800s, the hallmark served as a watchtower for pirates who struck the province without warning. Today, the Dumaguete Belfry has been a tourist attraction to many who are keen to know the place’s history.
- Siliman University Anthropology Museum
- Collections of ethnographic and archaeological artifacts are on display in a 1909 building situated at Siliman University. Discover the educational facility of Dumaguete’s prestigious university and learn more about some of the provinces in Mindanao and Negros.
- Stay at RedDoorz
- Looking for a place to tuck yourself in after a long day of going around this beautiful destination? And did you know that we are on sale from now until December 2020? For as low as P799, RedDoorz hotels are just around the corner, ready to take you in when you decide to travel again! Hurry and book now because we have limited rooms on sale! Check-in period is from May 14 until December.
RedDoorz near Dumaguete Sibulan Airport
Even if it’s your first time to explore Dumaguete, it is definitely a good starting point to go back to traveling again after the quarantine. And if you just want to go back, you can try one or two things that you haven’t done before from what we have mentioned above!
Let’s travel, soon, shall we?
Plan your trip with RedDoorz!